Wednesday, January 23, 2008

AMAZED

With the new year I have decided to use my blog for a journal instead of just for pictures. Just like everyone else I have alot of resolutions that I have made. Losing weight, exercising more, eating better, being happier, spending more time with my family, but most of all spending more time with GOD.

As most of you know, last Saturday one of our very popular radio host, Rick Burgess two year old son died accidently. To even try to comprehend this familys loss is unknown unless someone has had a child die. I have been listening to Rick and Bubba for years and feel like I know their families but have never actually met them. But when someone called me and told me that Bronner had died, the first thing I thought about was how could they ever be able to handle this. Well let me tell you how, by knowing and loving GOD.

Today I listened to Rick Burgess speak at his sons CELEBRATION and it changed my life. I was totally AMAZED how God took this family and raised them up in such a tragedy. I know that they are just like other parents and will shed tears and miss their beloved son but I can tell you that the family of Bronner have made such a impact in so many lives in these last several days. One of the things that Rick said that touched me so much was his question, Were you ready to give up anything for God? If not you better get ready. You know that is so true and I realized in searching my heart I have along way to go to get where I should be. But starting today I am going to have a BETTER RELATIONSHIP with God. My other resolutions may or may not get met but this one will. If you would like to listen to Rick speaking at his sons service you can go to www.rickandbubba.com and download it. It is amazing.

I spent the night at Stephanies last night and I was looking at four of my grandchildren. They are all different but all of them are wonderful. Nate is so sweet and loves to talk to you and I am so happy he has joined our family. Tucker is a very individual but awesome child. He is so sweet and caring. Jackson on the other hand tries to be tough but he is such a cutie you want to pinch his cheeks. Then there is Cassidy, Stephanie says she is rotten (which she is) but such a funny, sweet little girl and copies everything her brothers do, especially Jackson, which isn't always the best thing to do.

I also have Trinity (which defintely has her own personality and I love her to pieces)and Hayden (who talks like Forrest Gump and is precious) which are wonderful too and I love them just as much as I do my other grandchildren.

I am so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life and I thank God for each and everyone of them every day. My family is awesome and I love them so very much and pray every day that they will be blessed and God will keep them safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home