Sunday, June 22, 2008

MY SON, CHRIS

I don't know where to start so please bare with me. Yesterday morning I got a call that Chris had been in a motorcycle wreck and I needed to get to UAB Emergency room as soon as possible. Luckily Shirley and I were in Birmingham spending the night with Donna.

She drove me to the hospital. Somehow in my heart from that minute I knew my baby was dead. It wasn't that I didn't have faith, it was like God was letting me know so I could be prepared.

He had so much trauma I can't even remember all the details. But the main thing was he was brain dead.

I really don't know why at 3:45 a.m. which is the morning after that I feel compelled to write something but I do.

I don't want Chris death to go unnoticed. He was a son, brother, father, grandchild, uncle, cousin and a friend.

I could sit here and tell you that he was perfect, never did anything wrong but then I would be doing something that Chris could never do to me and thats lie.

He had lots of problems and addiction to drugs. He tried so many times to get past it and I really thought this last time he had. But God has a plan and we just have to trust , obey and have faith that he will see us through. Only he knows what is best for Chris and I trust him in that if he allowed it he had a plan to have him there with him.

Chris and I had a close and special relationship. He could talk to me about all of his problems, things that bothered him, things he enjoyed (even though alot of them weren't something a Mother would want to hear)but the one thing that really bothered Chris was hurting his family. He talked about that just last week. He told me that he didn't want to worry anyone and didn't want to disapoint anyone. He said numerous times how he knew how much he had hurt people and he would never want to do that. He realized his addiction was the root of all of his problems but for some reason he just couldn't beat it. Approximately, 3 weeks ago, he was going to church everytime the doors opens and then in just one split second he was back doing drugs.

I honestly think he thought he was strong enough and just took the wrong turn. I have been through so many rehabs with Chris and do realize that more end up back in drugs then ones that get straight.

But let me tell you something I know. With the Lord by your side, walking with him every day, letting him make all of your decisions, miracles can happen. But without Jesus, its impossible. This world is so horrible today, full of drugs, crime, murder, lies, deception, corruption, etc. The Bible tells you it doesn't get any better.

So I hope each and everyone of you that read this will turn to God and will tell everyone you meet. If only one person gets saved and follows Christ then Chris will have made a difference.

I did find out that as far as I've been told someone did get his kidneys. I hope that they work and that the person who received them will able to live a full life.

If nothing else, I know that out of all of this, something has to come out of it Good. And in time I know God will show me that. Before Chris died God had told me to stop worrying about him he was going to take care of him. I can't say I knew this was his plan but as Rick Burgess said he is now with the Father that loves him more than me.

I want to thank all of my family and friends through one of the hardest times in my life. I appreciate everyones prayers and I love each and every one of you with all my heart.

Visitng for friends is 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. tonight Monday, June 23rd at Crestview Memorial Gardens in Adamsville, Al. The funeral is Tuesday, June 24th at 2:00 p.m.

I honestly pray that I hope in your lifetime that you NEVER have to lose a child. There is no way I could be going through this without God by my side and my family and friends.I love you very very much. Please keep us in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love you Mama.

June 23, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI TERRY,
MY NAME IS JOY. MY 21 YR.OLD SON HAS BEEN WITH THE LORD SINCE 1:45a.m. ON OCTOBER 7,2006. HE FELL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL FROM BEING SO TIRED FROM WORKING AND GOING TO SCHOOL FULL TIME. IF I DID NOT KNOW HE WAS SAVED SINCE 15, I DO NOT KNOW IF I WOULD STILL BE HERE. I DO KNOW YOUR PAIN- IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER- IT JUST GETS DIFFERENT FROM DAY TO DAY. I MISS HIM SO BAD!! HE WAS ALSO MY BABY! I PRAY YOU GET THROUGH TODAY AND THAT TOMORROW YOU FIND STRENGTH TO SEE IT THROUGH- PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FAMILY- WE FIND STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS,
JOY

October 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home