Friday, July 4, 2008

MEMORIES

Today is July 4th and the first holiday I have to live through without Chris. People say holidays are some of the hardest days to go through and I believe they are right. But with Gods help my family and I are going to try to make the best of it because we know that is what Chris would have wanted.

He loved life, sometimes to much :) He loved children and sometimes I wondered who was having the most fun, the kids or CHRIS. When he wasn't fighting his demons, he was one of the sweetest people I know. He loved to stay busy if he wasn't he was bored. I can remember when he was younger he would get one of his friends to ride the bus home with him and they would spend the entire weekend at our house. I would take them home on Sunday afternoon and as soon as they got out of the car he would say "I am bored".

On another note, this is a text message he sent me on April 28, 2008. I had forgotten about it and was asking the Lord to give me something to let me know that he was in heaven. I knew he was because the Lord had already told me but being the human I am I had to know one more time. I prayed and prayed about it and one morning something told me to go to the text message he had sent. This was the message:

Psalm 73:26

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart, he is mine forever.

That tells me everything I need to know. The Lord is wonderful and I can't imagine anyone having to go through this without him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love you Mom.

July 5, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home